Are you interested in being an important part of someone’s day, every day? Look no further – a caregiver position with Comfort Keepers is the job for you!
At Comfort Keepers, our goal is to improve a senior’s quality of life without compromising their independence and individuality.
As quality caregivers, we pride ourselves in providing attentive in-home care to seniors as well as fostering loving and dedicated relationships with them and their families. Through non-medical homecare assistance, you will not only positively affect a senior’s day but their entire livelihood.
- Competitive pay & bonuses!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Supplemental health and life insurance through Aflac
- Paid training opportunities for new and experienced candidates
- Built in, company-wide support. We understand the importance of respecting and taking care of our staff
- Provide medical and non-medical care to seniors in their own homes
- Assist seniors with personal care such as bathing, grooming, and hygiene
- Encourage seniors to try new things and stay active (within reason)
- Ensure seniors are eating a balanced diet and taking their prescribed medications
- Collaborate with seniors and their families to determine a personalized care plan
- Establish and maintain open communication and loyal relationships with seniors, family members, and co-workers
- Strive to create a positive atmosphere built on trust and respect
- PCA, HHA, and CNA license or at least one year of professional caregiving experience preferred, but not necessary
- Must have a valid driver's license, automobile insurance, and reliable vehicle
- Prior experience in a healthcare, hospitality, or in-home care environment a plus
- Minimum high school diploma or GED required
- Open availability strongly preferred
- Team player who values friends and family
- Able to stand, sit, walk, reach, kneel, crouch, and lift up to 25 pounds
- Submit to Criminal Background Investigation, Motor Vehicle Driving Record
- Submit to Pre-Employment Drug Screening
Comfort Keepers is strongly considering candidates with previous experience as a Caregiver, CNA, Home Health Aide, Personal Care Aide/Assistant, or similar positions.
This position is open at our Portage office, located at 2664 Willowcreek Road, Unit C, Portage, Indiana, 46368.
HR direct line: (219) 362-9800
Our office serves La Porte, Valparaiso, Michigan City, Portage, Chesterton, Hobart, Hebron, Gary, New Carlisle, Westville, Lake Station, Kouts, Rolling Prairie, Wanatah, Union Mills, Hanna, Mill Creek, Kingsford Heights, Kingsbury and the surrounding areas. This position may require travel to those areas.
Learn more here: http://laporte-341.comfortkeepers.com/home/careers