Are you looking for a career with a competitive wage and generous benefits package? You just found it!
Comfort Keepers provides Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K and PTO to its caregivers. In addition to these great benefits, there is ongoing education and mentoring, quarterly in-services, premium paid holidays, referral programs for caregivers and clients, and much more!
Comfort Keepers has been providing home care services for seniors and other adults in and around the Appleton area. For us, it’s about providing a service to seniors and their families that will give them the most comprehensive, quality home care while continuing to promote their independence and maintaining their quality of life. We are caring for “The Greatest Generation,” people who have worked their entire lives to always provide the best possible for their families. It is a privilege to have the opportunity to now give back to them. The Comfort Keepers’ mission statement is to provide our clients with the highest level of quality of life that is achievable. We shall treat each of our clients with the dignity and respect they deserve, as though we are caring for a member of our own family. We live this mission each and every day and would be honored to care for you or your loved one, in the same manner, we would care for a member of our own family.
The individual in this position provides personal care and homemaker/companion services to patients in the home setting. All services are provided under the supervision of a registered nurse. The position reports directly to and works under the direction of the registered nurse and/or care coordinator.
A successful CNA will hold the following skills:
- Show Sound Judgment
- Be Cooperative
- Excellent Communicator
- Provide direct and indirect personal care to client's in the home setting
- Documents and submits accurate records of personal health care activities
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and a professional relationship with clients, family members, and co-workers
- Helps client complete necessary phone calls, letter writing, etc. and accompanies client on walks, community trips, doctor’s office visits, bank visits, and other appointments
- Helps client meet nutritional needs by planning and preparing meals, grocery shopping, and cleaning dishes and kitchen
- Helps client with all personal care functions as needed
- Helps keep the client's environment clean, including wiping and cleaning tables, changing linens on beds, cleaning and organizing drawers and closets, and ensuring clients have sufficient supplies
- Helps provide a clean, safe, and healthy environment by performing light housekeeping tasks and helping with laundry
- Provides for a clean, safe, and healthy environment for clients and family members and provides light housekeeping tasks including laundering of client’s garments and linens
- Reminds client to take self-administered medications
- Uses equipment and supplies safely and properly
- Requires the ability to adapt to a variety of home environments (including working in homes with pets and smokers) and provide homemaker companion and personal care services to our clients.
- Able to stand, sit, walk, reach, kneel, crouch, and lift up to 25 pounds
- Able to work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Insured transportation and valid automobile insurance
- Unrestricted driver's license and clean driving record
- Willing to drive to private homes in the area to perform the duties of this position
- Be willing to drive in excess of 30 miles to service clients
- Must be bondable and meet or exceed minimum qualifications for background checks
- Successful completion of Comfort Keepers training and orientation program required
- Quarterly In-Service Training
- Healthcare Benefits (For Those Who Qualify)
- Continuing Education Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Comfort Keeper Referral Program
- Direct Deposit
- Holiday Premium Pay
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Dementia Training Program
- Formal Ongoing Training Program
This position is open at our Appleton Office located at 300 Patriot Dr. Little Chute, WI 54140. Our office serves Appleton, Green Bay, and surrounding areas, and this position may require travel to those areas.
Learn more here: http://greenbay-183.comfortkeepers.com/home/careers/view-job-openings/appleton-jobs