The RN/Clinical Supervisor will routinely conduct client assessments and develop/update Plans of Care and client medical records, supervise and train Home Health Aides, communicate with provider agencies and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements/standards of practice and communicate with other agency departments regarding changes, issues, concerns for follow up.
The ideal candidate is a Registered Nurse with a Bachelor’s degree (BSN) preferred, has three to five years of nursing experience, has at least two years of experience in home health services, and has at least two years of supervisory experience. In addition, he or she has reliable transportation, a valid and unrestricted Illinois driver’s license, a clean driving record, and current automobile insurance. Excellent written and verbal communication, empathy and the ability to listen, good time management skills, and professional dress, speech, and behavior are all required for this position.
- Oversees the professional nursing and personal care services provided by the agency.
- Participates in all activities relative to provision of professional services.
- Ensures that all staff providing care maintains professional standards of community nursing practice.
- Maintains and adheres to agency procedure and patient care policy manuals.
- Establishes service policies and procedures in compliance with state health statutes and administrative rules.
- Supervises and evaluates nursing personnel.
- Coordinates patient care services.
- Provides case management.
- Establishes and implements policies for, and keep records of criteria for admission to service, case assignments and case management.
- Informs staff about home health statutes and administrative rules.
- Provides written materials pertaining to the same and interprets materials as necessary.
- Directs installation of improved work methods and procedures to ensure achievement of objectives of the Agency.
- Coordinates and integrates functional phases of total Agency activities.
- Interprets and transmits policies of the Agency to the staff.
- Participates in preparation of the annual budget.
- Reports to the Administrator regarding changes that affect the Agency.
- Attends and participates in patient care conferences.
- Participates in National, State and Local association organizations and meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Administrator.
- Ensures that continuing education is available for staff participation.
- Establishes and conducts an ongoing quality assurance program that meets the following requirements:
- Case assignment and management is appropriate, adequate, and consistent with the plan of care, medical regimen and patient needs;
- Nursing and other services provided to the patient are coordinated, appropriate, adequate, and consistent with plans of care;
- All services and outcomes are completely and legibly documented, dated and signed in the clinical service record;
- Confidentiality of patient data is maintained; and
- Findings of the quality assurance program are used to improve service.
- Responsible for development of in-service/continuing education schedule for agency staff.
- Rotates on-call responsibilities with other Clinical Supervisors per a schedule established by the office and as required by contract.
- Client homes which could include less than desirable locations.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee travels by automobile and is exposed to changing weather conditions.
- Incumbent will be exposed to virus, disease and infection from clients and specimens in working environment.
- Incumbent will be required to work at any community location served by this office and be responsible for own transportation.
- Incumbent will be scheduled based on operational need. (rotate shifts, standby, on-call)
- Incumbent may experience traumatic situations including psychiatric and/or deceased patients.
- Diploma in Nursing at a minimum, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Current state license as a Registered Nurse
- Able to stand, sit, walk, reach, kneel, crouch, and lift up to 25 pounds
- Must have a passion for helping seniors
- Must be able to respond to emergency calls as necessary
- Must possess a strong attention to detail