Are you a caring, compassionate, and patient person who wants to make a difference in the life of a senior?
Comfort Keepers of Shawnee Mission is seeking responsible and reliable individuals to join our team in the role of and In-Home Caregiver. As a member of the Comfort Keepers caregiver team, you will provide one-on-one assistance to clients in their homes. Our Comfort Keepers In-Home Caregivers travel throughout the Topeka-Lawrence area to provide exceptional in home and companion experiences and assist with services detailed in our customized personal care Service Plans.
- Competitive Pay – Direct deposit, double pay on company recognized holidays
- Paid Training – foster growth and development through paid web-based training, training to become a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) may be available.
- Friendly Environment – 24 hour support available, a fun team-centric atmosphere
- Companionship & Friendship – create lasting relationships with seniors and their loved ones
- Reimbursement for client related transportation
- Flexibility – flexible start dates, ability to work near your home
Take the first step toward an exciting career with Comfort Keepers! Apply Today!
- Personal care including bathing, dressing, mobility, incontinence care, feeding and other services
- Assist clients with errands, light housekeeping, meal preparation, grocery shopping
- Transportation, ambulation, transfers
- Companionship and friendship for seniors and loved ones
- Medication reminders
- Establish open communication with seniors and their families
- Caregiving experience preferred but not required – a great job for CNA’s, Retired RN’s, Nursing or CNA students, or Medical Assistants. We are willing to train the right people!
- Current Driver's License
- Automobile Insurance and a reliable vehicle
- Minimum of ninth grade education, high school diploma or GED preferred
- Must demonstrate satisfactory completions of any state mandated and Comfort Keepers training
- Exceed minimum qualifications from Criminal Background Investigation, Motor Vehicle Driving Record and Credit History
- Basic knowledge of PC operation and access to internet
- Participation in a Pre-Employment Drug Screening. EOE/Drug Free Work Place
- Must have reliable access to computer and internet to fulfill web-based training
- Excellent business and personal references
- Applicant must be bondable
- Must adhere to Comfort Keepers policies and procedures
- Ability to endure moderate physical exertion on a regular basis to assist clients in transfer activities and ambulation.
- Lifting up to 25 lbs may be required.
- Genuinely concerned about helping people
This position is open at our Topeka-Lawrence Office, located at, 2611 SW 17th Street, Suite 107 Topeka, KS 66604, our office serves the Topeka-Lawrence and surrounding areas, and this position may require travel to those areas. Learn more here: http://www.comfortkeepers.com/overland-park-ks/careers