Are you looking for a career helping others? Looking for a company that values passion and rewards its employees with great benefits? Your search is over - Comfort Keepers is where you belong!
Under the supervision of the General Manager/RN Supervisor, an RN is responsible for conducting initial and ongoing in-home client assessments. Originates and revises plans of care, conducts skill assessments for caregivers and manages and maintains all client documentation and information.
Minimum RN Qualifications:
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse by the state of Wisconsin.
- Experience in the home care industry highly desirable.
Essential RN Functions:
- Performs assessments of clients.
- Utilizes safety measures in provision of care.
- Development and maintenance of client plans of care.
- Conducts supervisory visits.
- Re-evaluate the client’s needs every 90 days and as needed and updates/modifies the plan of care accordingly.
- Provides skilled nursing services to clients. Including but not limited to: IV infusion therapy, dressing changes, bowel regimens, medication management.
- Contracts with Humana to provide Humana at Home services. Training provided.
- Informs medical and other personnel of changes in client condition and needs in a timely manner.
- Assists with coordination of care between client, agencies, caregivers and medical personnel.
- Provides education to members responsible for assisting the client with personal care needs.
- Assists in competency testing of caregivers and record maintenance.
- Ability to work and drive in the field up to 50 miles, have a valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency matters.
- Ability to perform clinical procedures according to established protocols.
- Ability to develop educational materials to meet staff/client needs.
- Recognizes different adult learning styles and incorporates into educational materials and teaching.
- Demonstrates high standards of conduct, honesty, and integrity.
- Ability to evaluate skills and provide constructive feedback.
- Ability to actively listen.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions and document services provided.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with computers and office equipment.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize to best meet client needs.
- Identifying risk factors and planning accordingly based on disease process and environment.
- Provides appropriate interventions and education to promote client safety and comfort.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Utilizes available resources and makes referrals to other specialties as needed.
- Identifying the need for and demonstrating patient advocacy.
This position is located at our Milwaukee Office, located 2717 N Grandview Blvd #106, Waukesha, WI 53188. HR direct line: 262-443-2424
Start your rewarding Caregiver career today. Apply Now!
Our office serves the surrounding areas of Milwaukee, including Fredonia, Port Washington, Grafton, Cedarburg, Mequon, Menomonee Falls, Brown Deer, Glendale, Whitefish Bay, Shorewood, West Allis, South Milwaukee, Oak Creek, Caledonia, Raymond, Yorkville, Franklin, Union Grove, Twin Lakes, Bohners Lake, Walworth, Burlington, East Troy, Mukwonago, Waukesha, New Berlin, Muskego, Wind Lake, Tichigan, Palmyra, Whitewater, Cold Spring, Jefferson, Cambridge, Deerfield, Lake Mills, Milford, Ebenezer, Watertown, Waterloo, Marshall, Richwood, Clyman, Oak Grove, Juneau, Rubicon, Slinger, West Bend, Newburg, Sussex, Pewaukee and more, and this position may require travel to those areas.
Learn more here: http://milwaukee-532.comfortkeepers.com/home/careers