Are you a Caring, Compassionate, and Patient person who wants to make a difference in the life of a Senior?
Comfort Keepers of Cambridge & Brantford, ON is seeking responsible and reliable individuals to join our team in the role of Personal Support Worker (PSW). PSW’s experience great personal fulfillment by providing personal care services to our senior clients in need of in-home personal care assistance.
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Work close to your home
- Flexible, regularly available hours
- Continuing training opportunities
- Make a difference in a senior's life
- Holiday pay on company recognized holidays
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Built in, company-wide support. We understand the importance of respecting and taking care of our staff. If you enjoy caring for others, then this is the job for you!
- Group benefit package
Take the first step toward an exciting career with Comfort Keepers! Apply Today!
- Communicating with office and family
- Providing general attention to the clients' non-medical needs in accordance with an established Plan of Care
- Providing companionship for the client including, but not limited to: talking and listening, reading aloud, providing social and emotional support. Promoting the client's mental alertness through involvement in activities of interest. Providing emotional support and promoting a sense of well-being.
- Providing for a clean, safe, and healthy environment for clients and family members. Providing light housekeeping tasks including laundering of client's garments and linens.
- Preparing and serving meals as directed. Ensuring that dishes are and washed and the kitchen is clean after every meal.
- Assisting client in completing necessary phone calls, letter writing, etc. Accompanying clients on walks, community trips, doctor's office, bank, beauty salons, etc.
- Reminding clients to take self-administered medications.
- Observing and reporting any changes in the client's mental and physical or emotional condition or home situation to immediate supervisor in a timely manner.
- Genuinely concerned about helping people
- Excellent business and personal references.
- Reliable transportation.
- Genuinely concerned about helping people.
- High moral standards of honesty and integrity.
- Satisfactorily complete Comfort Keepers training and orientation program.
- Applicant must be bondable
- High School Diploma or GED
- Clean Vulnerable Sector Police Check
- Personal Support Worker Certificate or equivalent work experience
Local Candidates Only.
This position is open at our Cambridge Office, located at 614 Coronation Blvd, Unit 201A Cambridge, ON N1R 3E8, our office serves the Cambridge, Brantford, and Kitchener areas, and this position may require travel to those areas. If you have any questions please feel free to give us a call at (519) 512-1000 or (519) 267-8222 or learn more here: http://comfortkeepers.ca/local-office/ontario/cambridge/employment/