Are you a caring, compassionate, and patient person who wants to make a difference in the life of a senior?
Comfort Keepers Home Care is seeking responsible and reliable individuals to join our team in the role of In Home Caregiver to assist our clients in Boulder City, NV. The In Home Caregiver provides non-medical, in-home support and home management services to clients. As a member of our team, you will do more than just help our senior clients with activities of daily living. You will work to help them improve their overall quality of life.
The ideal candidate has a genuine desire to work with the elderly or disabled. Effective oral and written skills, empathy and the ability to listen, good time management skills, and professional dress, speech, and behavior are all required for this position.
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Work close to your home
- Flexible, regularly available hours
- Paid training opportunities
- Excellent advancement opportunities
- Make a difference in a senior's life
- Holiday pay
Take the first step toward an exciting career with Comfort Keepers! Apply Today!
- Assists client with activities of daily living and personal care functions as needed, including bathing, dressing, toileting (including adult briefs), grooming, oral hygiene, ambulation, bathing, and feeding
- Helps provide a clean, safe, and healthy environment by performing light housekeeping tasks and helping with laundry
- Helps client meet nutritional needs by providing meal planning, meal preparation, and grocery shopping and helps with dishes and kitchen clean-up
- Assists client to and from daily activities and helps with ambulation/transfers as specified in the Plan of Care
- Reminds client to take self-administered medications
- Observes and reports any changes in the client’s mental, physical, or emotional condition or home situation to immediate supervisor in a timely manner
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and a professional relationship with clients, family members, and co-workers
- Ensures that required documentation is complete and is in compliance with regulations and standards
- Uses equipment and supplies safely and properly
- Maintains confidentiality regarding client information
- Performs duties as assigned on the client's personal care plan
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States (proof of eligibility is required)
- Successful completion of any state-mandated training and/or state certificate/license if required
- Previous experience preferred
- Must have a valid two-step tuberculosis test or be willing to obtain one prior to employment
- Knowledge of general sanitary and safety practices
- Able to bend, kneel, squat, stand, and lift up to 25 pounds as needed
- Able to work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Unrestricted driver's license and clean driving record
- Reliable transportation and valid automobile insurance
- Able to function in the client's home setting with minimal direct supervision
- Communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships with clients, families, and staff
- Able to follow verbal and written instructions and document services provided
This position serves Boulder City but is out of our Henderson Office, located at 2920 N Green Valley Pkwy #412, Henderson, NV 89014. Find out more about our career opportunities at: http://henderson-569.comfortkeepers.com/home/careers.