Are you Caring, Compassionate, and patient person who wants to make a difference in the life of a senior?
We are seeking responsible and reliable individuals to join our team in the role of In-Home Caregiver for the St. Charles, Missouri area. Caregivers working in a home care setting do more than provide great care, they change the quality of life of a senior, and keep them independent and safe in the home longer.
You'll be responsible for non-medical, in-home support services which provide for the comfort, safety, and general supervision of clients as well as home management services. And you'll provides companionship to those individuals requiring socialization and/or minimum guidance to assure a safe, protected, clean, and orderly environment.
- Provides general attention to clients non-medical needs in accordance with an established Plan of Care.
- Provides companionship for the client including, but not limited to: talking and listening, reading aloud, providing social and emotional support.
- Promotes the client’s mental alertness through involvement in activities of interest. Provides emotional support and promotes a sense of well-being.
- Provides for a clean, safe, and healthy environment for clients and family members.
- Provides light housekeeping tasks including laundering of client’s garments, linens, and changing the bed.
- May prepare and serve meals as directed.
- Ensures that dishes are washed and kitchen clean after each meal.
- Assists client in completing necessary phone calls, letter writing, etc.
- Accompanies client on walks, community trips, doctor’s office, bank, beauty salons, etc.
- Assists the client with ambulation/transfers as specified in the Plan of Care.
- Reminds client to take self-administered medications.
- Observes and reports any changes in the client’s mental, physical, or emotional condition or home situation to immediate supervisor in a timely manner.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and a professional relationship with clients, family members, and co-workers.
- Participates in in-service and continuing education programs, staff meetings, and client conferences as requested by immediate supervisor.
- Completed required documentation of services delivered and submits to office in a timely manner according to policy.
- Uses equipment and supplies safely and properly.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding client information.
- Other reasonable related duties as assigned.
Client home setting and automobile. Contact with blood or other body fluids may pose a risk for exposure to blood borne pathogens and infectious diseases.
- Minimum of ninth grade education; high school diploma or GED preferred.
- Must demonstrate satisfactory completions of any stated mandated training.
- Applicant must be bondable and meet or exceed minimum qualifications for each of the following background checks: Criminal Background Investigation, Motor Vehicle Driving Record, Credit History, Professional and Personal Reference Checks, and give permission to submit to random drug and alcohol testing.
- Must have reliable transportation and fulfill assignments with reliability and punctuality.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- Must satisfactorily complete Comfort Keepers training and orientation program.
- Must accept responsibility for learning and adhering to Comfort Keepers policies and procedures, be able to function in the home setting with minimal direct supervision and maintain satisfactory relationships with administrative staff, clients, and family members.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions and document services provided.
- Must be genuinely concerned about helping people and have high moral standards of honesty and integrity.
Position Physical Demands:
The work requires light physical exertion on a regular and recurring basis, such as driving, assisting client in activities, transfers/ambulation, and light housekeeping. Regularly required to stand, sit, walk, talk, and hear, reach, kneel, and crouch. Lifting only up to 25 pounds is permitted and may be required.
This position is open at our Chesterfield Office, located at 13990 Olive Blvd. Ste. 202, Chesterfield, MO. 63017. Our office serves St. Louis and surrounding areas, and this position may require travel to those areas. Learn more here: http://www.comfortkeepers.com/saint-louis-mo-905/careers