Comfort Keepers is seeking caring, qualified individuals like you to join our team of superheroes as Patient Safety Technician.
The Patient Safety Tech provides non-medical observation and minimal assistance to patients to ensure their safety and comfort. He or she works under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse, and his or her duties are determined by the standards outlined in a competency-based evaluation tool.
The ideal candidate for this position has a genuine desire to work as a caregiver in a hospital setting, has effective oral and written skills, empathy, the ability to listen, and good time management skills. Professional dress, speech, and behavior are all required for this position as well.
- Medical Insurance offered after 6 months of employment for full time positions
- 401K and PTO offered after 1 year of employment for full time positions
- Flexible Schedule - Part Time and Full Time Positions available
- Ongoing Training
- Supportive and Rewarding Work Environment
- Growing Company with Opportunity to Advance
- Assists patient with daily living activities, such as feeding, range of motion exercises, oral/personal hygiene, positioning, and skin care
- Accompanies patient while walking, either for exercise or when reporting to other departments for treatment or care
- Assists patient with routine hygiene, including toileting and incontinent care
- Maintains a safe and orderly environment, including changing bed linens
- Provides assistance to patient care team, such as assisting rehab therapists during treatments or the RN in emergency situations
- Observes and reports any changes in the patient’s mental, physical, or emotional condition to immediate supervisor in a timely manner
- Communicates with clients and families regarding care
- Ensures that required documentation is complete and is in compliance with regulations and standards
- High school diploma or GED required
- Successful completion of any state-mandated training
- PCA certification, HHA certification, CNA license or at least one year of professional caregiving experience required
- Certified in CPR
- Knowledge of general sanitary and safety practices
- Able to bend, kneel, squat, stand, and lift 30 pounds
Apply today to join the team of Comfort Keepers in Fredericksburg, VA as a patient safety technician!