Are you looking for a career with a competitive wage and generous benefits package? You just found it! Comfort Keepers provides Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K and Paid Sick Time to its caregivers. In addition to these great benefits, there is ongoing education and mentoring, quarterly in-services, premium paid holidays, referral programs for caregivers and clients, and much more!
For more than 7 years, Comfort Keepers has been providing home care services for seniors and other adults in San Jose, Cupertino and the Silicon Valley. For us, it’s about providing a service to seniors and their families that will give them the most comprehensive, quality home care while continuing to promote their independence and maintaining their quality of life. We are caring for “The Greatest Generation,” people who have worked their entire lives to always provide the best possible for their families. It is a privilege to have the opportunity to now give back to them. The Comfort Keepers’ mission statement is to provide our clients with the highest level of quality of life that is achievable. We shall treat each of our clients with the dignity and respect they deserve, as though we are caring for a member of our own family. We live this mission each and every day and would be honored to care for you or your loved one in the same manner we would care for a member of our own family.
The individual in this position provides personal care and homemaker/companion services to patients in the home setting. All services are provided under the supervision of a registered nurse. The position reports directly to and works under the direction of the registered nurse and/or care coordinator.
- Quarterly In-Service Training
- Healthcare Benefits (For Those Who Qualify)
- Continuing Education Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Comfort Keeper Referral Program
- Direct Deposit
- Holiday Premium Pay
- Paid Sick Time
- Dementia Training Program
- Formal Ongoing Training Program
A successful home health aide will hold the following skills:
- On-call availability
- Show Sound Judgment
- Be Cooperative
- Excellent Communicator
- Must be experienced in providing in-home care services to clients.
- Ability to take up emergency care-giving shifts 24/7.
- Participates in on-call rotations during weekdays and every other weekend, as assigned.
- Be able and willing for provide care-giving 80% of the time or as required and the remaining hours in office assisting with paper work, files and so on.
- Be flexible and able to take up a shift at a short notice and ensure continuity of care to our clients.
- Be willing to work in a team setting
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication, management and organizational skills.
- Portray positive professional and business image.
- Proficient computer skills (office, excel, power-point).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to persuade others.
- Ability to work flexible hours required, some evenings and weekends.
- Ability to travel to the client’s location as needed.
- Ability to prioritize in complex situations.
- Decision making skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Prior caregiving experience required
- Requires the ability to adapt to a variety of home environments (including working in homes with pets and smokers) and provide homemaker companion and personal care services to our clients
- Able to stand, sit, walk, reach, kneel, crouch, and lift up to 25 pounds
- Able to work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Reliable transportation and valid automobile insurance
- Unrestricted driver's license and clean driving record
- Willing to drive to private homes in the area to perform the duties of this position
- Willing to drive in excess of 30 miles to service clients
- Background check required
- Successful completion of Comfort Keepers training and orientation program required
This position will be based out of our Cupertino office:
10061 Pasadena Avenue, Cupertino, CA 95014
APPLY TODAY or learn more at http://cupertino.comfortkeepers.com/home/careers or by calling 408-446-1199 x207