Are you Caring, Compassionate, and Patient person who wants to make a difference in the life of a Senior?
Reporting to the Care Manager, the Care Coordinator RN facilitates the provision of in-home care, support to clients, and private duty nursing. Assists in the organization of family resources for the effective care of the client. Routinely interacts with other Comfort Keepers’ staff, as well as with clients, family members, community providers/ referral sources, insurance companies, care managers, and other third party payers. Serves in a supervisory capacity to an assigned group of Comfort Keepers. In charge of handling initial assessments & reassessments of clients.
If you are a team player with supervisory and leadership skills, experienced in case management with strong communication skills, and have a sales oriented background we welcome you to apply for this exciting position.
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Work close to your home
- Continuing training opportunities
- Make a difference in a senior's life
- Holidy Pay
- Referral bonuses
- Incentive programs
- Direct Deposit
- Performs initial assessment and converts the person or family from a prospect to client, if the prospect is a good match for Comfort Keeper services.
- Performs the initial introduction of Comfort Keepers to clients.
- Personally visits clients per company policy timing guidelines to ensure quality care.
- Provides ongoing, timely performance feedback and coaching to Comfort Keepers as needed to address and resolve any performance issues or challenges.
- Installs and maintains Safety Choice equipment on clients within own assignment.
- Reviews competencies and performs in-services for CNA/HHAs in a timely manner.
- Utilizes the nursing process by demonstrating appropriate assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of the client's care, as evidenced by client/staff observation
- Plans/Implements; sets priorities for nursing action in a logical sequence according to client's needs and formulate a plan of care by the appropriate selection of Nurse Practice Standards. The Plan of Care is initiated on client admission based on all aspects of the initial assessment. Plan includes physiological, psychosocial, and environmental factors: client/significant other education.
- Evaluates; performs ongoing assessment and revises plan of care based on new data and client's condition.
- Documents accurate and ongoing assessment of client status. Documents client care which reflects nursing intervention, client response to care provided, client needs, problems, capabilities, limitations, and progress toward goals. Documentation includes evidence of appropriate client/significant other teaching, and the understanding of these instructions is noted in the medical record.
- Communicates with the physician regarding patient needs, the nursing assessments, and recommendations as needed, as evidenced by client feedback and staff observation/reports.
- Maintains accurate, detailed reports and records.
- Monitors all aspects of client care services.
- Teaches client/significant other appropriate health information in a timely manner and share written informational material.
- Performs direct patient care, utilizing established procedures, policies, and standards.
- Administers medications according to policy and procedure.
- Observes and documents patient's response to pertinent medications.
- Demonstrates ability and appropriate technical skills when administering treatments and procedures in accordance with physician's orders and policy and procedure (don within a timely manner).
- Demonstrates ability to handle emergency situations in a prompt, precise, and professional manner.
- Performs indirect client care, utilizing established procedures, policies, and standards as evidenced by client/staff feedback and Operations Coordinator observations
- Demonstrates accurate and timely documentation according to form guidelines.
- Accurately transcribes physician orders according to policy and procedure.
- Demonstrates correct and safe technique in the use of equipment according to specific product information
- College degree in nursing.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a health care setting, with home care experience preferred.
- RN License
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Proficiency in the general use of computers to perform daily work.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft office products, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to learn company proprietary software.
- Exceptional customer services skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships quickly.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to present self as organized and confident.
- Ability to consistently present a positive and professional image.
- Ability to keep information confidential in accordance with HIPAA.
- Ability to speak effectively in front of small to medium-sized groups.
- Ability to consistently follow a set of instructions and exercise good judgment when things don’t go according to plan.
- Ability to work well with the senior population and effectively address associated challenges within the boundaries of the Comfort Keeper mission and operational guidelines.
- Ability to effectively manage the performance of others.
- Ability to effectively carry out RN-specific duties as described.
- Walking, sitting, and standing with lifting limited to files and records typically not expected to exceed 5 pounds in weight. Extended time at a computer work screen and on the telephone so vision and hearing skills required.
- Office and auto environment; must be available nights and weekends when job requires.
This position is open at our Topeka-Lawrence Office, located at, 2611 SW 17th Street, Suite 107 Topeka, KS 66604, our office serves the Topeka-Lawrence and surrounding areas, and this position may require travel to those areas. Learn more here: http://shawneemission-171.comfortkeepers.com/home/careers