Are you a caring, compassionate, and patient person who wants to make a difference in the life of a senior?
Comfort Keepers of Shawnee Mission is seeking responsible and reliable individuals to join our team in the role of and In-Home Caregiver. As a member of the Comfort Keepers caregiver team, you will provide one-on-one assistance to clients in their homes. Our Comfort Keepers In-Home Caregivers travel throughout the Shawnee Mission, KS area to provide exceptional in home and companion experiences and assist with services detailed in our customized personal care Service Plans.
Join a growing family dedicated to providing companionship, personal care and other health care needs for seniors in their own homes.
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Work close to your home
- Flexible, regularly available hours
- Continuing training opportunities
- Make a difference in a senior's life
- Friendly Environment & Supportive Staff
- Reimbursement for client related transportation
- Communicating with office and family
- Bathing, showering, toileting
- Meal preparation and feeding
- Dressing & grooming
- Light housekeeping
- Laundry, organizing incoming mail
- Medication reminders
- Grocery shopping, running errands
- Transferring and providing transportation to doctor, beauty salon, etc
- Caregiving experience preferred but not required – a great job for CNA’s, Retired RN’s, Nursing or CNA students, or Medical Assistants.
- ValidDriver's License
- Automobile Insurance and a reliable vehicle
- Minimum of ninth grade education, high school diploma or GED preferred
- Must demonstrate satisfactory completions of any state mandated and Comfort Keepers training
- Pass a Criminal Background Investigation, Motor Vehicle Driving Record and Credit History
- Participation in a Pre-Employment Drug Screening. EOE/Drug Free Work Place
- Must have reliable access to computer and internet to fulfill web-based training
- Excellent business and personal references
- Applicant must be bondable
- Must adhere to Comfort Keepers policies and procedures
- Ability to endure moderate physical exertion on a regular basis to assist clients in transfer activities and ambulation. Lifting up to 25 lbs may be required.
This position is open at our Shawnee Mission Office,10310 State Line Rd #200, Shawnee, KS 66206, our office serves the Shawnee Mission, and this position may require travel to those areas. Learn more here: http://shawneemission-171.comfortkeepers.com/home/careers