Are you a caring, compassionate, and patient person who wants to make a difference in the life of a senior?
Comfort Keepers of State College is seeking responsible and reliable individuals to join our team in the role of an In Home Caregiver. Our Caregivers work in a home care setting to provide quality care to transform the life of a senior, ensuring they live comfortably and independently at home. No experience is required we will train you in all the areas you are lacking so you can be fully ready to take care of seniors in the Altoona, PA area.Comfort Keepers have been caring for seniors for almost 14 years and we would love for you to join our caregiver team!
- $9.43 - $11.50 Based on Avaliability, Hours Worked, and Certifications
- Full Time or Part Time Opportunities Avaliable
- Paid Full Training, Job Shadowing and No Experience Required
- Flexible scheduling
- Work close to home
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 401K Benefits
- Make a difference in a senior's life
- Referral Bonuses
- Supportive Staff and great work environment
- Paid Time Off
Take the first step toward an exciting career with Comfort Keepers! Apply Today!
- Performs duties as assigned on the personal care Service Plan with regular, reliable attendance.
- Assistance with bathing, showering, transferring, toileting, meal preparation, feeding, light housekeeping, laundry, recreational activities, communicating with families, providing incidental transportation.
- Reminds Consumer to take self-administered medications.
- Provides for a clean, safe, and healthy environment for Consumers and family members. .
- Participates in in-service and continuing education programs, staff meetings, and Consumer
- Observes and reports any changes in the Consumer’s mental, physical, or emotional condition or home situation to immediate Manager in a timely manner.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and a professional relationship with Consumers, family members, and co-workers.
- Completes required documentation of services delivered and submits to office in a timely manner according to policy.
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Must demonstrate satisfactory completion of state-mandated competency evaluations
- Applicant must be bondable and meet or exceed minimum qualifications for each of the following background checks: Criminal Background Investigation including FBI Fingerprinting and Child Abuse Clearances, Motor Vehicle Driving Record, Professional and Personal Reference Checks, Pre- Employment Drug Screening and give permission to submit to random drug and alcohol testing
- Must have reliable transportation and fulfill assignments with reliability and punctuality
- Must have a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance
- Must accept responsibility for learning and adhering to Comfort Keepers policies and procedures, be able to function in the home setting with minimal direct supervision and maintain satisfactory relationships with administrative staff, consumers, and family members
- Must satisfactorily complete Comfort Keepers training and orientation program
- Must be genuinely concerned about helping people and have high moral standards of honesty and integrity
This position is open at our Altoona Office, located at 1011 Logan Blvd Altoona, PA 16602, our office serves the State College, Altoona, & Clearfild area, and this position may require travel to those areas. Learn more here: http://statecollege-551.comfortkeepers.com/home/careers