Are you looking for a career with a competitive wage and generous benefits package? You just found it!
Comfort Keepers provides Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K and PTO to its qualified employees. In addition to these great benefits, there is ongoing education and mentoring, quarterly in-services, premium paid holidays, referral programs for caregivers and clients, and much more!
Comfort Keepers has been providing home care services for seniors and other adults in and around the Green Bay area. For us, it’s about providing a service to seniors and their families that will give them the most comprehensive, quality home care while continuing to promote their independence and maintaining their quality of life. We are caring for “The Greatest Generation,” people who have worked their entire lives to always provide the best possible for their families. It is a privilege to have the opportunity to now give back to them. The Comfort Keepers’ mission statement is to provide our clients with the highest level of quality of life that is achievable. We shall treat each of our clients with the dignity and respect they deserve, as though we are caring for a member of our own family. We live this mission each and every day and would be honored to care for you or your loved one in the same manner we would care for a member of our own family.
Scheduled hours from 0700-1000 Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday with potential for additional PRN hours. The individual in this position provides personal care and medical services to patients in the home setting. All services are provided under the supervision of a registered nurse.
• Possess current LPN licensure by the State of Wisconsin.
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the home care industry highly desirable.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Provides direct and indirect care to clients in the home setting under direction of a registered nurse.
• Utilizes safety measures in provision of care.
• Maintains effective communication with supervisor regarding patient's condition.
• Participates in in-service training as required.
• Documents and submits accurate records of health care activities in conjunction with the care plan.
• Observes appearance and gross behavioral changes in the patient and reports to supervisor.
• Adheres to all agency policies.
• Recognize emergencies and have knowledge of emergency procedures.
• Promotes a clean, safe and healthy environment for the client.
• Adheres to the role of the LPN in a home setting as defined in WI statute for home health agencies.
• Continues education and training in accordance with current state licensing guidelines.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Maintains professional boundaries at all times.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of medical records and appropriate documentation is required.
• Knowledge of medical terminology and basic pharmacology is required.
• Knowledge of HIPAA requirements and maintains confidentiality of client and agency matters.
• Knowledge of and ability to perform clinical procedures according to established protocols.
• Demonstrates proper use and maintenance of equipment, materials, and supplies.
• Ability to safely handle body fluids and hazardous waste products using infection control measures.
• Must have ability to effectively communicate with patients and staff.
• Must meet personnel qualifications.
• Must fulfill assignments and documentation with reliability and punctuality.
• Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, and automobile insurance.
This position is located out of our Green Bay Office, located 1331 North Rd, Green Bay, WI 54313. Our office serves the Green Bay, Appleton, Ashwaubenon, Allouez and Pine Grove areas, and this position may require travel to those areas.
Learn more here: http://greenbay-183.comfortkeepers.com/home/careers