Are you a caring, compassionate, and patient person who wants to make a difference in the life of a senior?
Comfort Keepers is seeking a responsible and reliable individual to join our team in the role of In-Home Caregiver. As a member of the Comfort Keepers Caregiver team, you will provide one-on-one assistance to clients in their homes. Our Caregivers travel locally to provide exceptional in home and companion experiences and assist with services detailed in our customized personal care service plans.
- Competitive Pay – Direct deposit, double pay on company recognized holidays
- Paid Training – foster growth and development through paid web-based training, training to become a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) may be available.
- Friendly Environment – 24 hour support available, a fun team-centric atmosphere
- Companionship & Friendship – create lasting relationships with seniors and their loved ones
- Reimbursement for client related transportation
- Flexibility – flexible start dates, ability to work near your home
Take the first step toward an exciting career with Comfort Keepers! Apply Today!
- Personal care including bathing, dressing, mobility, incontinence care, feeding and other services
- Assist clients with errands, light housekeeping, meal preparation, grocery shopping
- Transportation, ambulation, transfers
- Companionship and friendship for seniors and loved ones
- Medication reminders
- Establish open communication with seniors and their families
- Caregiving experience preferred but not required – a great job for CNA’s, Retired RN’s, Nursing or CNA students, or Medical Assistants. We are willing to train the right people!
- Current Driver's License
- Automobile Insurance and a reliable vehicle
- Minimum of ninth grade education, high school diploma or GED preferred
- Must demonstrate satisfactory completions of any state mandated and Comfort Keepers training
- Exceed minimum qualifications from Criminal Background Investigation, Motor Vehicle Driving Record and Credit History
- Basic knowledge of PC operation and access to internet
- Participation in a Pre-Employment Drug Screening. EOE/Drug Free Work Place
- Must have reliable access to computer and internet to fulfill web-based training
- Excellent business and personal references
- Applicant must be bondable
- Must adhere to Comfort Keepers policies and procedures
- Ability to endure moderate physical exertion on a regular basis to assist clients in transfer activities and ambulation.
- Lifting up to 25 lbs may be required.
- Genuinely concerned about helping people
This position is open at our Topeka-Lawrence Office, located at, 2611 SW 17th Street, Suite 107 Topeka, KS 66604, our office serves the Topeka-Lawrence and surrounding areas, and this position may require travel to those areas.
Learn more here: http://www.comfortkeepers.com/overland-park-ks/careers